kdx_250

Oct 2, 2001
Hello all,

I just picked up a 1994 KDX 250. I've heard good and bad about the bike, but it's not a 1978 IT250 so it'll do for now.

I went to give the suspension a preliminary adjustment last night, the rear shock is set properly. BUT, when trying to adjust the forks, there seem to be no compression and rebound adjustments. There is one brass screw *offset* on the cap, but no adjustment that clicks on either end of the forks. I find it hard to believe that they would make inverted, large diameter forks, and not have the adjustment. Is this correct? Do I need to adjust them with different weight and levels of oil, and the springs? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any tips!!

John C.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Leave the plugs on the bottom of the forks out - they just get in the way of the clicker. Turning the clicker in increases compression damping.

BTW, the stock fork has very soft springs and way too much high speed compression damping - a bad combination as it is not responsive on rocks and roots and is too softly sprung for the whoops and jumps. Getting the forks revalved and resprung will greatly increase your enjoyment of the bike.

The bike is heavy, but it can be made to work quite weill with the right set up. Since the factory did a poor job with jetting, forks and the exhaust pipe, some minor mods make big improvements on the 250.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom