TTBELEC2

Nov 5, 2002
I installed new .40 race tech springs in my '02 220 two days ago and now thay make a clicking sound. I tried twisting the inner tube to the cap as suggested in earlier thread but still there. My preload is 10mm, my race sag is approx. 2.5", and a 2.75" spacer with stock washers. It seems like if I turn the cap out a 1/4 turn then back it goes away only to make groaning spring noise then returns to former after a mile or so. Tore fork apart no visable wear or obvious sorce of noise. Is this something common on new spring or is something wrong here.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
This is a very common problem after instaling new fork springs. I had the same problem until I twisted the leg into the cap, instead of vise versa, but you already tried that. Some guys just live with the clicking sounds and have said there is nothing wrong with having the click there besides it is annoying.

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
If it makes you feel any better mine do it too. I installed frp .38 springs and can't find any problem either, but they make a light clicking noise.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
Just put FRP .38's in two weeks ago and no clicks. I feel like lucky. Of course I bent one of my bar clamps the same day. Win some, lose some.

TTBELEC2

Nov 5, 2002
Hey, just replaced spacers with ones cut on a mill, so ends absoltly square and flat. Then I lowered my dampers and beat those springs into submision. Shut 'um up real good too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom