harescambler

Jun 3, 2002
99 wr 400. race tech susp. but do not know the valva stack. It was on the bike when I bought it. .46 spring rate and has the gold valves. Problem: (1) rides low in front may need shimmed. oil level is at 95mm. Problem (2) down hills with braking bumps nearly vibrates the bars out of my grip. More rebound needed?less?
Will setting the race sag with shims help this along with minor adjustments? The bike does good on most obsticles. It does seem to have a hard hit toward the bottom though. Any help apprec.

ktmrandy

Apr 4, 2002
How much sag do you have in the front. Most of the guys I ride with use between 50 and 60 mm of sag on the bike in riding gear. We do not have Yamahas though. Too much sag in the rear will put too much weight on the front also. Have you tried lowering the forks in the clamps to put less weight on the front. Have you played with the compression and rebound clickers. Go one or two clicks each way and see what happens.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Set the compression so that it doesn't bottom harshly when landing nose down from a big jump. If it requires so much compression that the forks are too stiff with the little bumps then reduce the compression and raise the fork oil level by 10mm.
Set the rebound by how it handles on slightly bumpy turns. If the bike tends to turn too much then the rebound is set too stiff. If the front end tends to wash out then the rebound is set too soft.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom