MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Any suggestions on fork oil height for a 98 KX250 would be greatly appreciated. The forks currently have .46 springs with fork oil height set at 90mm. I'm wondering how low I can go on the height w/o bottoming issues. If anyone has played with this adjustment, I'd really like to hear their results. I'm 210 lbs and ride MX only.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I don't know if this'll help, but I'll give it a shot. I weigh in at 250 and I've either .48 or .50's(I'm leaning towards the .48's) and running 100mm. Even w/my gravity challenged hunk of a bod;) , I haven't had any prob.'s bottoming. I've ridden ride mostly trail up until lately, but I just started to ride MX and have hit a few good jumps. The stock was set up way too light for me. I'd hit a 4' jump and get about 6' in the air and would bottom out on the landing(a flat one). Now, no prob.'s. Talk to Jer. He's da man.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Jim,
90-110 is good. I like the 90mm becuase it does not impact fork plushness with average condtions. Oil ht on non bladder forks impacts the last 25% and unless you braking into or driving though big bumps at a g load I'll take the bottoming restaince for "free"

Jer

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom