nfisher87

Oct 30, 2002
I've picked up this cr a few months ago and it was set-up for motocross and I'm riding mostly enduro so I need to soften things up a little. I'm going to be sending the shock off to Factory Connection but for the forks is there anything I could do to soften it up without a complete revalve at the moment. I'd like to save some money. Right now it has the stock springs in it and I put 2.5wt oil in at stock height. The forks were still a little choppy in the rocks. If I lower the oil height some will it soften them even more? Really appreciate any input from you guys, can't wait till its set up for the woods.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Oil height mainly controls bottoming resistance. It has little impact on how the fork reacts to sharp hits like rocks and roots. If you reduce the oil height further, your forks will still be harsh in the rocks, but will bottom too easily on jumps.

The lighter oil weight will mainly reduce your rebound damping and have minimal effect on compression damping.

MX valving usually has too much high speed compression damping for rocks/roots.

Factory Conection does a great job with CR suspension for the woods. I briefly rode an '01 in the woods, and the stock forks sucked compared to my Factory Connection suspension.

Top Bottom