racing_46

Jan 25, 2004
After going away for the holidays my 1995 KDX 200 was left collecting dust in the shed and when I returned to take her for a spin I noticed the fork seals were leaking quite badly, they had a minor leak before I left, but what I was wondering how much a pair of fork seals cost and what fork oil would you guys recommend using when replacing them, and one other thing what would the cost be of a new set of clutch fibres, as they are in need of replacing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Fork seals range from $10 to $30 us dollars depending on the quality of the seal. I think they have 10wt oil stock.

Clutch discs are around $40 to $50 us.

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
dude ring your local Kawa dealer for prices but have the fork seals done at a different bike shop as I have found dealers to be more expensive, this is assuming you don't have the tools to change the fork seals yourself.

Good luck
Mac

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
To remove the seals you generally y-a-n-k the tubes apart..using the sliders to push the seal out from the inside.

That generally ruins the sliders. Dings up the teflon coating pretty good.

Sliders aren't cheap!

MX-Tech recommends Mobil-1 ATF for home fork service. Well..they used to, anyway. Couple years back.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Sounds like your seal may need replacing. A little trick to try first though is to take a piece of 35mm film and wedge down between tube and seal. Slide this around tube a few times. Usually it will dislodge any dirt that might have found its way in there and causing a leak. Works 99% of the time, but if your seals are shot they are shot. Its worth a try.

Top Bottom