kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I've had no luck searching so... does any one know were to get a plain rubber fork wiper (like the ones on KX 65's) for a KDX? I've seen the seal savers but would rather have an old school one (like me :) )

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
The SRC fork brace comes with plain fork wipers. Go to www.srcinc.net and try sending them an email and see if they'll just sell you the wipers.

Best,
Greg

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Thanks Greg ,I'll drop them a line.

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
I bought a pair of white plastic fork protectors for a 125 and made some aluminum mounts that mount them to my lower clamp. i have the long seal savers on under those. they have lasted through one of the worst races of the series so I guess that means they passed the test.

I kept poking my new sealsavers with tree limbs and stuff. they would have never lasted full season bare.

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
I can make you some mounts if you need em. they aren't like laser cut or hydro formed but they did the job for me. took me about an hout to cut the paterns and bend them up in the vise and drill the holes to mount em. i hit the two holes for the clamp and the one for the headlight mount. the sliders even had a brake cable holder that took the place on my lower one on the fork.

Todd

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for rubber old fashioned wipers not seal savers so I wouldn't need the guards.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Plain old school rubber fork wipers, not boots.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom