Forks again

harry monza

Sep 28, 2002
Help
I have taken the forks off the KDX 200 to put seals in, I've drained the oil but how do you get them apart.
I have loosened the large allen key at the bottom of the fork but it didn't come out, is it supposed to come out.
Are there special tools required to do the job.
Any help is welcome as I have no idea.

Harry

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by Matt90GT
Why do people do things that they have no clue at what they are doing? You ever heard the saying -- labor rate $50, $100 if you touched it first.

Nope, never heard that... of course I do it myself be it the first time or not, just because I can :)

harry monza

Sep 28, 2002
Thanks guys
I'll check out those sites.This site is a great source of info.
I have done forks before late 70's early 80's( yes i'm an old fart) but these are different.
If you don't try you never learn.

Thanks again for all your reply's
Harry

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
If you don't try you'll never learn, but you should do some extensive research before undertakibg any major job. If you just dive right in and learn as you go you usuually end up messing something up and costing yourslef way more money to fix it.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
BUT - You save a lot of money in the long run because you will have learned. Nobody knows how to do it the first time they try. ;)

harry monza

Sep 28, 2002
braahp
I agree do research,I have worked on my own bikes for 25 yrs and have had little problems because when I hit a problem I just don't go in blind and I don't recommend it
I ask questions of friends, try to find info through books and now this site.
I pulled down the forks till I got stuck and then asked some questins.
Never be afraid of asking as that's how we learn.
Thanks again for all the replies the forks are apart now and waiting on the new seals.

Harry

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…