lyndn

Jun 23, 2009
what forks&yokes will fit straight on my 220,i was told kx 250 91 would fit and the bearings would match up???anyone help. :ride:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
those early KX forks might fit, but won't be much of an upgrade. A KX500 front end is the only modern front end that's a straight bolt on. But you need the entire front end, wheel and all. Newer KX forks require pressing the kdx stem into the kx triple tree.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
I hate raining on anyone's parade, but you might be better off keeping the forks you have and spending the money on getting them re-valved and re-sprung for your weight and riding style.
They won't have the visual bling of a set of upsidedown forks off a KX, but it could be cheaper and more functional....

Depends on what your goal is: function or style.

G31m

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'm assuming by "yokes" you are talking about the triple trees. Again, I'm not 100%. Like I said, the only direct "bolt on" that I know of is an entire kx500 front end. As far as I know, pretty much anything else is going to require you to press the steering stem out of the KDX lower triple and press it into the KX lower triple. Further, pretty much any swap is going to require you to have the matching front wheel.

There's a great section at kdxrider.net exclusively for front end / fork upgrades. You might want to check there. There's more information on front end swaps than I could ever relay to you. It would be easier to offer recommendations if we knew what bike you were working on too......

There are other benefits to more modern USD's than just "bling". Rebound adjustment is a wonderful thing.....

J.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
What are you trying to accomplish? Can you give us more details? By the way, I think what you are calling yokes are very widely known as triple clamps. When someone says yokes, I think eggs or oxen. :ride:

Last edited:

lyndn

Jun 23, 2009
we call triple clamps in the uk yokes,sorry to confuse you. what im trying to do with the front end is get rid of the under hang blow the front axel as when im rideing deep ruts and bogs they get stuck so i need to go usd forks just like all the moden bikes.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
OK, thanks.

A stem swap is required to run the newer KX forks (last 10 years or so). The sides of the clamps (or is it tubes) will hit the side of the fuel tank due to the larger OD.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom