procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
I have a '91 KDX and I was messing around with my suspension getting it setup correctly, when I noticed there is no compression/rebound adjustment on my forks! I thought they were supposed to be on the bottom of the fork tubes but they are not there. There is a big hex nut on the bottom and I have nothing big enough to take that off, but I am assuming that's not what you have to do anyways. Most other bikes I have seen have them under the forks. Am I just looking in the wrong place? What gives!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
They should be under the rubber plug.

kdx220guy

Jul 14, 2003
The following will provide exploded view of front fork for "91
hgo to : www.buykawasaki.com then select vehicle information. follow instructions and you will end up with fork view.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The buy kawi diagram shows no adjustment on the valve for a '92.

Guess you don't have one.

Guess you don't have two either! ;)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I saw the valve, but didn't see any screw called out in the parts diagram. Didn't look at the 'H' model to see if IT didn't show a screw, either.

Didn't want to assume anything on one'a the older kdxs. Then I'd be wrong, and you'd have to gripe at me! ;)

So...the '92 has compression adjustment?

twocycle

Feb 21, 2002
I have an 89. There is a compression adjustment on the bottom end of the fork. It may be under a rubber plug. Mine did not have any plugs, but they are shown in the manual. The adjuster is up inside the hex. The factory manual shows the 91 to be the same as the 89.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
First time I went riding with 'carvr I crashed 2 times in the first 5-10minutes of the ride. We were riding a lot of ruts, and my front end would grab the side of a rut and throw me down hard. 'Carvr asked how I had my clickers set and I didn't have a clue (actually I still don't) But he adjusted them for me (I think about 4 clicks softer, I really don't know... :confused: )
But it sure helped a lot, I think I only crashed 4 or 5 more times the whole day! ;)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Oh yeah. :( I fergot yours is a '92.

Remembered it when I saw you'd posted to this thread, though! Even before I read it!!

Funny how that works.

ha ha ha. Big ha, for sure.

Of course, the whole thing is moot 'cuz the issue is a '91. They're the same, right? There are some USDs in there somewheres.........

BTW, wibby could tell the difference with a couple of clicks on his forks.

Top Bottom