Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
After trying and returning a set of Roach elbow pads, I just spent a weekend wearing a pair of Fox Extreme elbow pads.

The Fox pads have a elastic mesh material that slips over the inside of you arm, along with 3 velcro straps. The outside has a very thick plastic cup over the elbow, and another larger one that protects the outside of the forearm. On the inside of the plastic elbow cup and forearm pad there is a dense, cushiony pad to further dissapate impact forces.

I wore the pads over a long sleeve t-shirt, and under my jersey. They stayed put completely on a 4-5 hour ride, and I never once adjusted them, or had to slide them back into position. The elastic mesh material pretty much keeps the guard in place, so I barely tighten the 3 velcro straps. I didn't feel that they were impeding any circulation, but have talked to others where they thought this was an issue. I don't think that the elastic mesh itself would be too restricting, but really tightening up the straps may. Fortunately I didn't have to, and they still stayed in place.

I think that the protection is outstanding, they stay in place without a problem, and are comfortable to wear. 2 thumbs up! :thumb: :thumb:

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
I've been wearing the same guards for over a year now and they have been just as you described (unrestrictive & stay put). I also found that they feel better without tightening up the straps - leave em' loose and they will do fine. Even after a couple of major get-offs, they were in place, unfortuneately the rest of my body wasn't..... Great product at a Great price!!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I agree, the price is a bonus. I'm usually not price concious when it comes to protective gear, but was pleasantly surprised at the price of the Fox guards. I bought the same elbow guards for my 8 year old son, along with the Fox Standard knee guards for him - they were something like $9! :thumb:

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I just bought the same pads and didnt really like them for one reason, halfway through the days ride my arms would cramp up severely. I adjusted the straps as loose as possible and it still happenned, after taking them off and putting them in my back pack the cramping went away. Coincidence? All I can say is that when I dont wear them I never get arm cramps like this, and everytime I wear them I do. My arms arent huge by any means, but something in the design pinches a nerve or constricts something to the point where I have to stop riding for 20 minutes or so and massage the cramping out so I can even grip the bars. On a plus side, they are constructed well and never moved around while riding.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
You looking to sell them woods rider1? I've been checking the catalogs for a decent pair of elbow pads, and those were the ones I decided I would get. I've got generic wimpy ones now and wanted to upgrade.

Larry

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I found them much more comfortable on the outside of a jersey, but then they move around more... I got them free, which about what they are worth imo. Then again, I might say the same thing about all elbow guards : ).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom