_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
So I have this issue evry once in a while where I feel like the bike and I are disconnected. You know, say you're goin into the whoops and you're tryin like heck to grip the bike and stay with it but it wants nothin to do with you. Well I have been looking at the gripper material sheets, but at 30 some bucks for a 4 1/4x15 sheet I wasn't sold. I was out on a road test at work today and got stopped at a red light in front of a bicycle shop that also sells some skateboard stuff. The rusty gears inside my chrome dome started turning and I had an idea. Why not stop on my way home and see how much skateboard decking tape cost. So I did. Low and behold it was $4.99. So I went to work...........

tomcat1976

Apr 24, 2008
great work

looks really cool on the bike and i bet it will serve the purpose. its really great jog on fabricating it to look like it came on the bike.

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
Looks cool. Skateboard grip really likes to tear through cloth though. A lot of my jeans have little rips in them just from carrying skateboards around and the grip rubbing against my pants. If it is only touching your boots you might be fine.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Grip tape works fantastic, but it will shred your boots in short order.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Rich Rohrich said:
Grip tape works fantastic, but it will shred your boots in short order.

My Thor Quadrants were turned into junk in no time fla..

I'm trying to learn how to control the bike without the grip tape now. :whoa:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Lol, yeah I know it's hard on gear. Better to be hard on gear than hard on me. :cool: Unfortunately I'm still sporting some old Fox Forma's from about ten years ago, so I won't cry if it trashes 'em. That'll give me an excuse to get the SG10's I've been eyein up for awhile now. :laugh:

Top Bottom