Barbaduke

Feb 13, 2002
The other day when I went out for a ride I had two Works Connection Frame guards. When I came back, the left one was gone! I only fell one time and it wasnt a hard fall. How could a frame guard just fall off?

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
One of the bolts may of came loose and it fell off?. Did you locktite the bolts? I know what you mean. Last year i put a new skidplate on (homemade aluminum one ) and i come back from riding one day and i had no skid plate. Now i locktite the bolts and check all the bolts on my bike every ride.

skhasky

Apr 8, 2002
Here-Here! Locktite thos buggers or they can and will fall off. Radiator shrouds, skid plates, frame guards, and anyhting else that tends to loosen. Use the loctite blue NOT the red, though or you will need a propane torch to remove the bolts.

Barbaduke

Feb 13, 2002
They were all as tight as I could get em with a socket wrench. Tahat was when I put them on though. I hadn't cheched them in a while. Whats weird is that there is a small dent in my frame where a hook looped around it for the frame guard to bolt to. It's on the back side of the frame. I didn't make the dent while tightening it either, I didn't tighten it that tight. Is this dangerous?

skhasky

Apr 8, 2002
I doubt it. Do you see any cracks?
You couldn't have torqued it enough to bend the frame. A - your not that strong ;-) B - the bolts would have stripped before there was enough pressure for the bend. Somthing else caused that....

Barbaduke

Feb 13, 2002
No theres no cracks. It must have happpened when the Frame guard came off. Any of you that have the works connection guards know what i mean by the loop that goes around the frame. THats right where the dent is. But I dont have the frame guard now its gone. Now I have a guard on one side and none on the other.

Top Bottom