freddette or e-line?

Meepanger

Jan 28, 2002
can anyone help me decide which pipe guard to buy? the e-line guard looks great but is expensive.ive only seen pictures of freddettes guard. whats it made of? help thanks,meepanger :p

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Fredett's guard is fiberglass. They will both work great. Or you could always make your own. ;)

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I have the e-line and like it alot. It fit perfectly and looks good. I haven't heard anything about the Fredette guard but I'm sure it would also be a good choice.

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I have the FRP guard. It aint pretty but it seems solid. Perfect fit.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm on my second bike with an eline. They are great gaurds. Expensive but well worth it.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
Like fatty_k said, you can make your own. I did and it turned out great and was cheap (just a lot of labor). See pics under "Member Galleries".

ava

Apr 13, 2002
FREDETT GAURD DOES LOOK UGLY BUT ITS VERY STRONG THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD IS WHEN YOU RIDE YOUR BIKE AROUND AND STOP YOU CAN SMELL THE FIBERGLASS GAURD IT STINKS!!! ALSO THE PIPE BRACKETS THAT HOLD IT ON DON'T STAY PUT ON MINE THE BIG ONE SLIDES DOWN THE PIPE THE OTHER SMALLER END STAYS PUT . AFTER WRESTLING WITH THE BIG BRACKET I JUST LEFT IT WERE IT KEPT SLIDING DOWN TO AND TIGHTED IT UP. KNOW PROBLEMS YET AND THE GAURD IS STAYING PUT.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…