from 96-00 what is the brand of 125 to get?

integ3

Mar 25, 2007
Between these years what is the best brand of 125cc bike to get KX, CR, YZ, or RM?? I feel like I might be opening a can of worms with this question but I didn't know what to search for.

Is there one bike brand that stands out from the rest? For any reason...is this bike good for this, and that bike good for that.

Thanks

stfaulk89

Dec 3, 2006
well the KX 125 has good low-end power with a pretty good top end
The Cr feels like it lacks in the low-end but is better in the top end
the YZ has a great bottom-end and an even better top-end
I wont say anything on the RM...

integ3

Mar 25, 2007
Is the RM junk?? I've got a guy that want's to sell me a 2000 RM 125 for a decent price. Should I turn him down?

integ3

Mar 25, 2007
I don't know if this is allowed....top end rebuild 10 HRS ago, new front+rear tires, FMF pipe, renthal bars, on that '00 RM. $1800 OBO, i'm thinking I can get him down to 1600 or mabye 1500. Is that a good deal?

I used to ride a friends bike a coulple of years ago, but this is the first bike i'm going to buy. So I don't really know how prices go. Is a YZ going to be more expensive than a RM or KX?

Jan 3, 2007
integ3, all i can say is do it. Thats a good price and the newer 125s have quite a bit more lowend then the earlyer. I think the KX and RM make some of the best woods bikes.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
2 strokes for life said:
integ3, all i can say is do it. Thats a good price and the newer 125s have quite a bit more lowend then the earlyer. I think the KX and RM make some of the best woods bikes.

yes they do, because of their good low-end/torque. i have a 2000 KX125 that is a blast to ride. it has good low-end, and my PC pipe has given it an awesome top-end as well, almost like 2 powerbands. if the bike is in good condition, then go for it. the RM's are supposed to have good mid-range power if thats what youre looking for.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom