Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Ivan,
I've been thinking about you lately and worrying a bit. I think it looks like all is well!
I have every faith in your full recovery and never-ending love of our sport.
Like I've said before, hang in there, my friend.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
After all you've been through, a little 'wheelie incident' would seem very 'small potatoes', and comical! I hope those pictures remain in the archives for the rest of us spodes to peruse occasionally!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by ktmboy
After all you've been through, a little 'wheelie incident' would seem very 'small potatoes', and comical! I hope those pictures remain in the archives for the rest of us spodes to peruse occasionally!

Me wheelieing is ALWAYS comical. There is a reason I have the Truespode moniker :) I can assure you that there are plenty of people with that picture in their archives. Gomer for sure brings it up on plenty of occassions.

Honestly, to get back to the origin of the post... the wheelie incident was a good thing. The difference in my attitude from before it happened compared to how I've felt every day since is amazing. For that reason I think it is big potato's but in a good way :)

Today I'm walking almost normal but keeping things wrapped up. Everything else is coming back other than my sciatic nerve really bothering me but I'm sure that will work out as I keep stretching.

I am putting together a workout schedule and have already began changing my diet. I'm gonna make sure that if it was panic that my lifestyle is changed to help off-set it and if it was a virus my body is in the best shape to fight another one. If it was a reaction to meds there is nothing I can do to prevent that again (other than being more proactive) but being healthier will help with recovery time.

I'm fortunate that nothing I went through is as bad as what others have gone through. I'm lucky. Now I just have to head the warning. That doesn't mean I'll be fit and thin by DW but my lifestyle is changing slowly so I can incorporate long term change and not just jump in gung ho and give up.

Thanks for the support guys.

My only other problem is I really don't know how to spend my weekends since I am not travelling for work and not riding :(

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Truespode

My only other problem is I really don't know how to spend my weekends since I am not travelling for work and not riding :(

Again, I honeslty don't know how to spend my weekends so be prepared for the Old Ivan who posted so much on DRN that I made Irish seem shy :)

Ivan

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
You never know what kind of weird crap is gonna happen. That's why we need ride when we can. :confused:

I'm in the same boat (sort off), except I don't think I'll post much more. I'll keep myself occupied by visiting the DRN forums until things are better (then I'm gonnna roost everyone). Well, I guess it ain't all that bad.

Good luck on your recovery.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Well Ivan, it takes big ones to come out with what you did. Your honesty here was awesome. Before this post, I only knew you as a guy that would occasionally tear up my posts.:laugh:

Everyone in this fast-paced, high stress, industrialized country with a Mickey D's on every corner has either some degree of anxiety, or is on the edge. No one will admit it.

I was talking to a partner of mine in Internal Medicine (from India) the other day, and she's flat horrified by how hard we have to work in America. She said the lifestyle in southern India is so much slower paced and relaxed. 95% of the world disagrees with how hard we work here. A typical European (Marcus, Bruce correct me if I'm wrong) is allowed large 'holidays' away from work each year. A lot of them will take that time and travel for 3 months or so, eg. We're driving ourselves into the dirt here. And there's really nothing we can do about it, because the pressure comes passively, and from expected 'responsibility'.

I'm not against a work ethic. I work harder than hell, but benefit greatly from this forum to check in, take a break from work, think about bikes, tell jokes, and just talk to people about something other than medicine.

What am I saying? ...Yep...you're not alone. You would be horrified by MY problems. :eek:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have started the Wellbutrin treatment as well.  I kinda went wacko a month ago and tried another treatment but had too many side effects.  Hope the cigs will taste bad enough to stop as well.  Hang in there Ivan, life does throw us ups and downs and some how, we have to chug on thru.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by nephron
Well Ivan, it takes big ones to come out with what you did. Your honesty here was awesome.

Thanks. I try to be as open and honest as I can.

I once was told that integrity is doing what is right when nobody is looking and if you can live up to that then it really doesn't matter when someone does see what's going on. Some things are nobodies business but when it comes to myself directly I don't mind sharing.

Everyone in this fast-paced, high stress, industrialized country with a Mickey D's on every corner has either some degree of anxiety, or is on the edge. No one will admit it.

The odd thing is that the job I had before this was much more stressful, lots of on-call time, travelling and tough deadlines... but lots of learning. My new job is boring. I at times have only stayed in the office for an hour or so and went to bike shops the rest of the day. I guess since I've always worked and when things were slow elsewhere it was followed by lost jobs that causes me not to trust a slow work atmosphere.

I have noticed that my anxiety seems to be higher since I left that job. However, there is a chance I'll be going back and I hope so. I really miss the team I was on.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by BSWIFT
I have started the Wellbutrin treatment as well.  I kinda went wacko a month ago and tried another treatment but had too many side effects.  Hope the cigs will taste bad enough to stop as well.  Hang in there Ivan, life does throw us ups and downs and some how, we have to chug on thru.

Thanks Bswift. I wish you the best.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by holeshot

I'm in the same boat (sort off), except I don't think I'll post much more.

Post much more overall or much more about the boat your in? If it is about the boat and you ever want to send me a private e-mail or call let me know.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by nephron

What am I saying? ...Yep...you're not alone. You would be horrified by MY problems. :eek:

Well, if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

BTW, my sister and mother work for the BMW factory here. The Germans come over and say we are slave labor b/c of the hard work and long hours they put in. To the Germans we are the Mexico low cost labor :)

Ivan

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Truespode

Again, I honeslty don't know how to spend my weekends so be prepared for the Old Ivan who posted so much on DRN that I made Irish seem shy :)

Ivan

Ut oh! :laugh: Hey, you can always spend your weekends taking "mini-trips" around SC and the surrounding states. Whether it be to go riding or to just sit back and enjoy a relaxing weekend. My wife, son and I go camping alot here recently and I'd have to say the best part is just sittin' in a chair with my feet up on the cooler enjoying a moment of no cell phone/ e-mail/ pager/ deadlines/ boss telling me he needs it done "NOW". :thumb:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
So I've been following this thread kinda waiting for a good opportunity to bust on Ivan about his one-legged-hyer-locomotion demonstration at his place that afternoon I followed him home after his wheelie incident.

But upon further thought, I think we got enough laughs out of that so far and what I am really thinking is that it is good to hear the same ole Pre-Wellbutrin-Spode on the phone again.

Let's heal up so we can go riding!! :thumb:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by James

Let's heal up so we can go riding!! :thumb:

HELL YEAH!!! I'm watching the MX Hour Arenacross on the Outdoor Life Channel and just jonesin for a ride. I'm walking fairly normal with an ankle brace so I *may* get out on the CRF150 next weekend!

Of course if Jenni asks I'm still not strong enough to weed eat :)

Ivan

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom