CKYGuy09

Apr 17, 2007
Well first off i just want to say i am pretty new to bikes and i did already try and figure it out for myself. Basically just to sum it up, my front brakes just dont feel right. Ill have to pull in the brake as hard as i can and they still suck. I took apart everything and cleaned the breaks, the disk, and it didnt help it at all. But what i noticed is when i would get the disk wet, the brakes would work great! So i dont know if i just have ****ty breaks, or maybe i need to just adjust something. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Grab some Brakleen from the autoparts store. You could have a thin layer of grease or WD-40 on the pads or disc from over-spray or dirty hands. Just spray down into the caliper on the pads, all around the disc (front side and rim-side). Then, spin the wheel a bit, and do it again. Let it dry, then go take your bike for a ride.

This should fix your problem.

Dan

CKYGuy09

Apr 17, 2007
DannyMoto07 said:
Grab some Brakleen from the autoparts store. You could have a thin layer of grease or WD-40 on the pads or disc from over-spray or dirty hands. Just spray down into the caliper on the pads, all around the disc (front side and rim-side). Then, spin the wheel a bit, and do it again. Let it dry, then go take your bike for a ride.

This should fix your problem.

Dan

Ya i noticed it was coated with grease so i cleaned it off as much as i could. Thanks though i will try that tomorrow.

Top Bottom