darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I've got a mushy front brake that I've bled over and over and it just doesn't have the feel to it that I want. I'm going to replace the piston and seal in the master cyclinder but was wondering if I should do the brake line too. Is it possible for the brake line to flex enough for it to feel mushy?
Bike is an 02 KX250

Gibby

Dec 8, 2004
Mine feels like that also, I was thinking of buying a line that goes straight to the caliper instead of wraping around the bottom of the fork first. I think that is the problem.

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
In that case, does anyone know where I can get a good honda-style brake line conversion for an 02 KX?

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I had a 2000 kx250 with the same problem. I just changed the brake master cylender to a Honda cr250 one and it fixed it. Didn't change anything else. Check Service Honda out, I think it was about $90.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've got a KX front end on my hybred and they seemed mushy. I ordered a braided CR style line and that firmed it right up. I ordered it through Service Honda's PowerSport rider parts program. Pg 1108 PN 19-8740 TR Price $54.08

I also picked up some speed bleeders while I was at it.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Kawasakis seem prone to bubbles that stick in the bend of the hose and will not bleed out with normal methods.

Before changing parts, you might try removing the master cylinder, hose and caliper assembly from the bike and hang it straight on a wall for a few days. Tap the line once in a while to break the air bubbles loose.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom