Rider109

Nov 5, 2007
Hey guys, I was just searching although didn't find anything conclusive. Well, after a minuscule wreck in the woods last week my cousin had on my bike, I realized I needed a new brake lever, no problem. It was bent but usable enough for the day. I also realized my brakes were actually working, put the pull felt slightly different. A few days passed, and I went to my garage,pulled in my lever and the pull was very tight, practically no pull at all and the brakes were not engaging. So, I inspected whatever I could, did little checks here and there, looked at my master cylinder today when I got back from the shop with a new lever, looked at my calipers and still the same thing :think: So really, I'm still new to the bike, which is a 1995 YZ80. Can the brakes just be going? Any advice is appreciated, I wouldn't mind riding with front brakes...lol

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Rider109 said:
Can the brakes just be going? Any advice is appreciated, I wouldn't mind riding with front brakes...lol

By "going" do you mean time for new parts? if so, that is easy to tell by inspecting the pads. Not sure why your suddenly having a "very tight" pull at the brake lever, you might try bleeding the system and see if that helps.

Top Bottom