yotahawk07

Jan 8, 2009
im riding a 93 kdx 250 and just took it out for the first time this year bike runs great but the trail i was riding had some spots of snow and i managed to find a nice size rock and i bent my front disk so on top of buying a new disk im looking for a guard for it but im having no luck i found a IMS rear guard and bought it now just cant find a front.. would like it to be metel but plastic is ok also i guess any help would be great

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
It's my personal opinion, knowing the strength/stiffness of the plastics involved, that the front rotor guards are to protect the rotor from mud more than to protect them from a solid blow from a rock or stump. It would have helped somewhat, of course, but I doubt it would have prevented the damage you experienced.
I'll check the catalogs this morning at work and see if I can find one for the KDX200.

yotahawk07

Jan 8, 2009
Thank you mud and from some of the searching ive been doing i have came up with the same the guard is more for keeping mud and sand off not taking the blows.. and it would be great if you could look it up in your books for me

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
There isn't a metal one made to absorb impacts. If you have metal machining capabilities, you might try to make one like the ones at Topar Racing.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
I looked through all our catalogs....could find no one who makes a front guard for the KDX200/220. :(

This might be a good opportunity for someone with some fabricating equipment. I wish I had a TIG welder and a Bridgeport.....maybe I should buy one of each.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
maybee you can use your bent one and fabricate one!!

or an old rear sprocket I have come up with some wack stuff with a dremel tool and sawsall before!!

yotahawk07

Jan 8, 2009
ok thanks for looking im going to try and make a jig of my old one and then mold a new one and just do a bit of tweeking so it will fit

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Not sure if they have one, but you might check with DeVol.

BTW, items that are in small demand, alot of times they will not appear on a companies website, but if you give them a call, you might find the are available.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Kurt Franz said:
http://frpoffroad.com/catalog/details.aspx?ProdID=47

02-12-402-22 These protect the fork leg & the front rotor Front Fork & Rotor Guard 1995-2006 Green KDX 200/220 5 $26.00
Sweet. but when I try to order this part, I get this:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

:(

dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
mudpack

when I ordered my skid plate from fredette, I got the same 'warning' message about the security certificate... I said what the heck and ordered it anyhow, nothing bad happened in terms of my card # getting lifted or anything (or at least not yet). another alternative would be to just call in versus online ordering, just to be sure

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
The 250 is very different than the KDX200/220 bikes.

Look for a KLX300 front disc guard if you are using the stock forks - may work since they use about identical forks. Also a 91-95 KX part may work.

Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
Mrcycles.com has one for the or at least showing on their website...part# 14024-1861-6F for the plastic front disc cover for about $40. Just a thought...might want to call them as i have ordered stuff from them and it always says possible back order due to rarity of parts or something...if you call they will be able to pull it up and let u know for sure before placing your order.

Top Bottom