vbpecp

Aug 8, 2006
Howdy,
I just recently purchased a pre loved 2002 KDX and when I squeeze the front brake and push down on the front fork I hear a clicking sound. There is no play and the front wheel is fine, any thoughts?

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
My springs click, I read on this forum that it's from twisting them when tightening up the fork caps or something. I would just live with it till you are ready to take them apart for service.

Lukekelly

Apr 16, 2006
The person that had the bike before you probably put aftermarket springs in and the were to short(same problem i had) when you service them you might want to add like 1/2 inch length pvc pipe that can fit in the forks as a spacer betweem the stock spacer and cap. That stoped the clicking and the spring movement in my forks

OZKX250

Aug 26, 2005
Lukekelly said:
The person that had the bike before you probably put aftermarket springs in and the were to short(same problem i had) when you service them you might want to add like 1/2 inch length pvc pipe that can fit in the forks as a spacer betweem the stock spacer and cap. That stoped the clicking and the spring movement in my forks

That would also bump the preload up. Just make sure its in the range you want. I went with 3mm preload.

Top Bottom