Front fork ? & Painting Plastic ?

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
First ?: What is effected with the height adjustment of the front forks in the triple clamps?
Second ?: Anyone ever paint their plastic? A new tank cost to Much $.
I want to paint my tank to match new graphics. Anyone with any ideas?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I think that the higher the forks are in the clamps, the better the handling, not totally sure though. My friend painted his white tank blue with some enamel spray paint I think, it looks real good but it will probably wear off where his pants and boots rub against.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
if you scoot the forks up in the triple clamps it makes the bike turn quicker but less stable at high speeds. Opposite if you go the other way.

Painting plastic looks good for a very short amount of time. Especially the tank. The fuel will evaporate out the plastic and bubble the paint...Ever notice that tank graphics come with holes punched in them? Its so the fuel can get out without bubbling the graphics. You can paint fenders and such if you get a rubber type additive that will allow the paint to flex along with the plastic. It will still peel off eventually but will last a bunch longer than without the additive.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I've seen in other threads where people have used permanent markers to color their tanks. Don't use paint. It scratches easily and looks like crap in no time.

BENT

Nov 28, 2000
I'm going to have to go with you guys on this one. When you paint a tank it looks like crap and only gets worse.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom