minidog

May 18, 2002
Just recieved new springs from Freddette Racing and am getting ready to do the installation shortly. What is the proper weight oil to use (just purchased BelRay 15w from dealer)- noticed on sheet from Freddette Racing about this and it recommended Spectro 125/150-whats this all about??? Also anyone know the oil level and how should I go about this (oil level gauge-no one carries them), checked owners manual and it recommends filling level by measuring in a measuring cup. Also no drain screw on bottom of fork legs- do I have to take off forks and turn upside down to drain? What about spacers(PVC was included with springs) how big and where do they go. Any special tools needed for the removal. I know these are alot of questions but I have never done this before and I just want it done correctly with no unpleasant surprises.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
When I installed springs from Freddette there was included two pages of instructions which covers all your questions.
For mine was recommended 50/50 mix of 5wt and 10wt fork oil.
Just measure it.
Cut the PVC to give you about 1/8" of preload after the caps are screwed fully down.
No special tools needed.

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
Jaguar,

I was trying to put my new springs in tonight. I unscrewed the fork caps, but the got to a certain point a would turn but not unscrew any farther. Are the caps connected to the springs? Do I just bottom the forks to get the caps to pop up?

Thanks,

Tom

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Quit turning them!!

You'll end up goobering the threads. The cap is loosened/loose from the fork tube, but still attached to the rod.

Once you loosen it to the point it's OUT of the fork (when you hear the threads 'click' once) you push the spring assembly out of the fork by compressing the fork. Hook a tiedown strap from the front wheel to the top clamp and cinch it down.

Or...'Do I just bottom the forks to get the caps to pop up?' Answer, 'Yes.'

Assuming...you're doing this in the bike (out is easier), and both fork caps are completely loose from the fork so you aren't pulling the strap against one of the springs....AND (this said other places other times) you don't have any weight on the forks (bike on stand)!!

CLICK THIS!

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom