Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Rick, I've never installed a set of FRP Hand Guards, but when I yanked my stock bars off there were inserts in the ends of the bars. Some woods riders saw an inch or two off the ends of the bars to narrow them down in order to "thread the needle". Do the FRP guards "plug" into the bar ends? If so, perhaps you need to saw. Good luck.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I asked the rep at FRP about that when I bought mine. The plugs are welded in. He said to just cut 1/2 inch off each end, my one plug came right out. For some reason the other plug was glued also, had to use an easy out. But once the plugs are removed they fit fine, might have to readjust your kill and light switch. Mine have held up well, I tested them ( not on purpose ) a few times last week in a H/S. My levers never moved, well worth the money.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The plugs are installed at the factory to help control handle bar vibration. The plugs on my KDX were drilled and tapped so potentially you could find a flute headed bolt that matched the profile of the FRP hand guards with an appropriate thread and mount them directly to the inserts. If you're aren't drilled and threaded you could do so yourself or just remove them as other have recommended. When I removed the plugs from mine I just ran around the bar ends with a tube cutter about 1/2" from the end. Once I was through the handlebar tubing I just grabbed hold of the bar ends and pulled them out. Either way, saw or tube cutter, they are easy to remove if you decide to do so.

The FRP hand guards are a good quality product, you'll love'm.

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom