FRP Upper Triple Clamp

PunkBiker

Jan 16, 2004
I just picked up my '95 KDX 200 today from an eBay auction and after I brought it home I noticed the right side of the handle bar mount was bent back...like it has been hit by a tree or something.
I wanted to correct the problem, so I took the bars off and the mounts are rubber, I guess to minimize vibration. I wanted to see what the recommended torque for reassembly was when I read quite a bit about replacing the upper triple clamps.
I decided to purchase FRP's clamp.
How does the FRP clamp hold up to punishment, like hitting trees and wipe outs...I'm notorious for both of them :thumb:
For less than $30, I saw it as a good deal...I just hope they withstand my abuse :laugh:

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
I have the clap on my bike and I love it. Without it the handle bars would twist about every time I laid it over. With it I can't remimber the last time they twisted.

louis

Sep 2, 2002
Mount your brush guard to the top bolt on the triple clamp, not back to the bar and it will give better results.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…