Fuel Coming out of breather tubes???

Brad70

Aug 28, 2004
Well my 98 RM 125 is in the Shop and now I am borrowing a friends 99 YZ 125 and I have noticed that on my RM before I rode it hard, It leaked mad fuel out of one of the breather tubes. But once the bike was ridden (like at a track) it stoped. Now I have barrowed a friends YZ (which he had not ridden in 3 years) I have yet to take it to a track but once again when I started the bike up in the yard I littlerly was spewing fuel the whole time I had the fuel on. I belive it might be some feature to prevent the bike from flooding,but I am prettymuch clueless. Please Help.
Thanks,
Bradley

uts

Jan 8, 2004
These bikes are not meant to spew fuel. Maybe the float level needs adjusting. If it is too high it can cause overflow. It's easy to adjust if you have a manual with the specs.

Sandy Whoops

Oct 11, 2003
Yep, sounds like float level or a worn float needle / float needle seat. All pretty easy to take care of. Faded has a really nice post on setting the float level here.

The needle and seat are self-explanatory. Replace them if there is any question regarding their condition.

Brad70

Aug 28, 2004
Well I will have to check the float level and needel and stuff, but is it possiable that the float would become unstuck on its own cuz on my rm the leaking stopped once I acctually rode it it stopped.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
You could try tapping the carb with a wrench or something, but my guess is that you have a piece of dirt of something that is keeping the needle from sealing properly.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
uts said:
Maybe when you ride it hard you are burning the fuel that spews out when going slow.
Ummm... doubtful (that doesn't make much sense).
More than likely you shook the float loose.

Top Bottom