Fuel Leaking!

Feb 23, 2004
Fuel is leaking from my bike whenever the fuel petcock is open...It started coming out the plastic line connected to the bottom of the float bowl and when it really started pissing out, it was coming from two different plastic lines (can't remember where the other was connected...too angry by this time)...after it got really bad, the bike wouldn't start...any ideas on what the heck is going on with my carb??? My bike is a 99 RM125

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Sounds like your float is stuck. Most likely there is a little dirt in the bowl. Take the bowl off and clean and check for anything that might keep it from moving.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Dito, time to go through the carb with some carb cleaner. The float is geting stuck like Rees said.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
My son has a KTM 125 with a 38 mikuni on it. Every once in a while he'll get, "carb craps" where fuel runs out the tube. It always ends up being one of the floats are a tab higher than the other.
Make sure you check the float height when you got it apart, and do your self a favor, record the height, jet sizes!
Joe

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…