MyNewSport

Aug 14, 2002
Hey im jst wondering i bought this bike a few days ago and they guy i got it from said it was sitting for seven years so he way running the bike lean to get it relubricated from sitting and i am just wondering what mixture i should run in my next tank

Thanks
MyNewSport

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Oh good grief! :ugg:

Never listen to a guy who lets a bike sit for 7 years. Or one of his dumb mates.

Buy some decent oil & read the back of the packet.

PS if you can be bothered check your needle & needle jet for wear/ovalising.

kfxpro

May 17, 2004
The guy I bought mine off said he was mixing it 20-1 but was adding a little more oil just to be safe. I brought it home and took it for a spin wide open through a field. I stopped and looked back and it looked like a frigging war zone! :ohmy: Smoke was drifting up through the weeds, it looked like the field was on fire. And talk about spooge, there was spooge coming out of everything, head pipe, where the silencer and pipe meet, and out of the silencer too. Since then I drained the gas and mixed it 24-1 and it was still smokey. Now I am at 32-1 and that seems right. Spooge level is way down. Its still running a bit rich but I think most of my smoke now is from the old silencer packing. The stock silencer can't be repacked and I know it is full of spooge. Aside from that 32-1 seems to be working for me.

Top Bottom