fuel overflow

motocross316

Aug 8, 2002
i got this beef with my 2001 kx 100..i just rebuilt the carb today..cleaned it and everything and raised the jet needle clip one step..i put it back together and start it up..everythings good just a minor fuel leakage outta the carb overflow hoses..i just thought it was the carb gettin cleaned out and stuff..so i go riding and get stuck on this hill..i tip the bike back too much and it gets flooded..like real flooded..like the fuel is just flowin rite outta the hoses..i can stop it by shuttin the fuel off..but it still wont start..i took apart the carb and i didnt see anything wrong..put it back together..still the same thing..whats wrong?

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Sounds like the float is messed up.
Check your float level.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Yup! sounds like when you pulled the carb your float came unhooked from the pilot.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Yup! sounds like when you pulled the carb your float came unhooked from the pilot.

float came unhooked from the pilot. :think:

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000

Either your float level is set too high,or your needle plunger that shuts off the fuel when the float level rises is sticking....

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:) :) Talk about a PWSA(Posting while still asleep!) Jezzzz I had just started my first cup of coffee. I ment to say neddle. Sorry guy's!

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
:) :) Talk about a PWSA(Posting while still asleep!) Jezzzz I had just started my first cup of coffee. I ment to say neddle. Sorry guy's!

No need to apoligize,Irisheku,Maybe you might return the favor to me one day! ;) SEE YA. ARE YOU GUYS STOKED I AM STOKED. :scream: :scream:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
bigred455
K.... I am already looking at my six.......! You are on it!!!!!!!!!

LOL Big guy! Nice Catch! Thanks for the save!

Phillip

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…