atcomx98

Jan 21, 2007
Hey my buddy told me to get a fuel mixture screw for my bike. I did get one and put it in. The only thing is is that I dont know what it does for my bike. Any thing like better throttle response or something? Anyone know? Thanks :cool:

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
it is a slow speed adjustment remember it is the opposite of an air screw on a 2 stroke the farther you go out the richer it will be and so on and so fourth for the other way l the more you close it the leaner it is. and one last thing there is already one on it. but you can get fancy ones that dont require tools try ride eng. or joker machine or pro circuit.

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
When your bike is on the stand in neutral gear and you blip your throttle, if the engine bogs initially at the instance when you blip your throttle then you are typically too lean so you need to richen the circuit a tad bit and that should get rid of the slight bog/cough and give better throttle response.

Also if too lean can cause difficult starting.
You should always do the throttle blip test every day in neutral gear after the bike is warmed up.

Magazines say
warm up bike
put gear in neutral
turn idle up ~1800 rpm - steady idle
Turn fuel screw in till rpm's start to decrease a tad
at that moment that should be the sweet spot.
Sometimes this method still does not pass the blip test!

From my experience, the easiest and more accurate way is
to keep turning the screw out typically a tad and
blipping the throttle - keep doing this procedure till the bog
is gone - then your done.

Typically want 1.5 to 2.25 out. I have a power now device in my carb
which requires >2 out minimum, so I run mine at 2.5 to help improve starting.

Spokes574

Top Bottom