Wildspeed

Oct 19, 2007
Hello there,

I just got a crf50 for my 6 1/2 years old daughter.
That will be her first ride.

She has been riding with me on my bike before and already own motorcycle gear ( pants, boots, jacket, gloves and helmet)

At this time she own a Vega Laguna Helmet full face who fit her perfectly (as you can replace the liners as she grow.)
and I was wondering if they were any culprit to use it instead of buying an MX helmet and goggles ?

I did bought her a Quadrant chest protector and jersey to complete her outfit.

Thank for any intput.

ps : track will be not be involve ( at list for the moment), it will be mainly for quiet trail riding.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
For a kid, perfect fit with a marginal helmet is better than a sloppy fitting approved, high-dollar helmet. Some may argue with this logic.

If you, as a parent, question the integrity of any of her equipment, do the right thing and change it out for better. I tend to buy kids cheaper stuff like roost protectors, boots, and suits...but helmets need to be worthy of the kids wearing them.

Wildspeed

Oct 19, 2007
Thanks for the reply

I'm not questionning the integrity of the helmet as I considere Vega Helmet (who is a first price helmet) as good as HJC helmet in the same category.(and like you mentionned, fitting is very important)

My question was more as the actual use on real condition on the trail, aka : vision, heat, dust....

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Take off the shield and let her wear goggles (or some other form of eye protection). It is possible that she could get a bit of dust in her eyes without goggles. Even with the shield, dust will get in.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Jaybird said:
For a kid, perfect fit with a marginal helmet is better than a sloppy fitting approved, high-dollar helmet. Some may argue with this logic.

I'd tend to agree with that logic for anyone, considering fit is no doubt the most important thing about a helmet. Of course, there are logical limits to the argument that I am sure someone will be around shortly to go beyond.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom