Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I found a new magazine this weekend that appears to be equal if not a little better than the other rags out there.
REV is a brand new magazine. The issue I picked up is Volume 1 Issue 2.
Very nice articles about youth machines, 400cc machines and riding in the Arizona Desert Region. There is also an article entitled Dirt Girls in the back.
It appears to be a quarterly at this point.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
PSSSST, Tony issue three is on the racks........ :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Cool, I'll go back tomorrow. :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Kewl, look for a great artical on Malcom Smith, 5 places that are a must ride and great ride reports on KTM's 400 EXC and the Yamaha 250 WRF. Not only that is the entire line of CRF's. One nice rag if you ask me. I wonder if Okie has sent any memberships their way? :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ya' know I picked it up off the rack once and that's the last I ever saw of the publication. Anybody got a link for subscriptions?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Pantless, there is no websight yet and it only comes out 6 times a year.

Customer Service # 800-877-6118.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jenny, I found it at Barnes & Noble.
Hey everybody, if you subscribe, tell them your a member of DRN. :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Jenny, I found it at Barnes & Noble.
Hey everybody, if you subscribe, tell them your a member of DRN. :thumb:
Tony, whats up? How in the heak can you beat $8.00 bucks a year? What have they heard about DRN?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Tony, whats up? How in the heak can you beat $8.00 bucks a year? What have they heard about DRN?

I was just telling Jenny where to get her first copy ... My sub is going out in tomorrow's mail. They seem to be more grounded, kinda like some of us. Of course, some of us (self included) have recent up close and personal experience meeting Mother Earth. Never hurts to spread the gospel of DRN. Maybe they would do a story on Okie and what he has accomplished here.
That would be way cool! :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Rod,
Due to sales they droped the sub. price to $8.00.
BTW good write up.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I just called and the girl insists the price is $15.97 for 1 year. Who do ya' talk to to get the $8.00 version?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Patman
I just called and they girl insists the price is $15.97 for 1 year. Who do ya' talk to to get the $8.00 version?

That's what it said in the legend, I'll check when I get home. I might have misread it, if I did I apoligize.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Just got home and this is a direct quote from the legend on Page 8 Dec. 02

REV MAGAZINE .....Single Copies $4.50 U.S. and $5.50 Canada. Subscription prices are $7.97 per year. Subscription prices outside the U.S. add $6.00 per year.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
I just called and the girl insists the price is $15.97 for 1 year. Who do ya' talk to to get the $8.00 version?

People who don't wear pants have to pay DOUBLE! :confused:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by slo' mo

People who don't wear pants have to pay DOUBLE! :confused:
:) Either that or someone is beliving the hype about Texas being another country :confused:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU
:) Either that or someone is beliving the hype about Texas being another country :confused:

A lot of people on BOTH sides of the border with we were. If we could go back to our original boundary which reached into Wyoming, I would be for it!! Just thing of the import/export duties to get fruit from CA to NY. :debil:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I was out getting groceries over the weekend, and just happened to wander by the magazine rack.  I poked around to see what was new, and lo and behold, a few issues of REV sitting there!  I picked it up without a second thought and put it in the basket.  I can go back and pick up a couple others if anyone out there is interested--send me a PM and I'll mail one to you if there's any left.

Took it home and read it.  Nothing hard-hitting, like Rod mentioned in his review, but honestly written.  I liked the pages they had on places to ride--very cool, and worth the sub price alone.  I liked the trailer review, and the article on Maxxis tires.  Cool stuff, different stuff you don't see in the other mags, but all industry related.  It's nice that they are based in the midwest, and not out on the dust-coast, so at least there will be TREES in the photos when they do shots while testing WOODS bikes.  (Not like another mag I got recently!)

I liked it enough to send in the subscription card.  Right on the card it mentions $8.97 per year, and that's for 6 issues now.

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Yeah, it's a pretty good non-racer's rag. Bought issue 2 and really liked it... wished I'd seen the first issue. Issue 3 not quite as interesting for me at least.

Nevertheless, I subscribed based on issue 2... AND as a bonus, they had a wicked subscription contest to win a garage full (truck, ATV, PWC, trailer etc.) and for a change, the contest was open to Canadians as well. Don't know if that contest is still on-going.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I have an interesting story regarding REV magazine...

I was up at a friend's cottage this past August. It was a little cold and rainy, so we went into town for some adult beverages to help pass the time. I spotted REV in the magazine rack. It was the only dirt bike magazine in the rack, so I bought it. I think it was the first issue. It had a KDX with Pirellis and a set of Excel gold rims wheeling up a rock face. It caught my attention because 1) A tricked out KDX was on the cover, wheeling up a rock face, and 2) It looked like an awsome woods riding area in the background of the shot. Two things on a magazine cover that you just don't see these days.

Given the idle time I had, and the fact it was the only dirt bike magazine I had my hands on, I read it cover to cover a few times. It's pretty thin / light on text, so it didn't take long.

I came across an article about how to ride and corner in sand like the pros. It had John Dowd and Fred Andrews as hands-on instructors with about 150 riders up in the Upper Peninsula, Michigan. After some more digging I found out that the event is sponsored every year by Parts Unlimited for select dealers from all around the country. A few phone calls later, I was locked in to attend the same ride event I just read about in the REV magazine!

To make a long story longer, I owe it to that first issue of REV magazine and a rainy weekend to being able to attend one of the most awsome riding events of my life!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The lovely Ms. LoriKTM took care of ol' Patman and got me the December issue so I called the folks at REV to subscribe. Initially they balked at the $7.97 for 6 issues but when I explained I was holding the December issue and the bottom half of page 68 was a full color ad all they asked for was the code on the ad which is "A2CYY" then all was good. The $7.97 for six is also noted on the editorial masthead about 3/4 of the way down.

Do yourself and them a favor and subscribe today, these folks seem to know what most of us are really looking for.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
A few phone calls later, I was locked in to attend the same ride event I just read about in the REV magazine!

I'd like to know how you pulled that off. I was always told that only dealers or their employe's could attend that event. :confused:

Top Bottom