jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
are gaerne boots made bigger than alpinestars? Im looking for a new set of boots because the Tech 8s I have now are bagged out and ripped open. Im thinking of the SG1 as they are pretty cheap since the arival of the SG10s...the only problem is that my local shop has no gaerne boots for me to try for size, I have heard that the gaernes are made bigger fitting than the alpinestars, can anyone confirm this

I wear a 12 in my tech 8s......If I decide to go for the sg1 should I order an 11 or 12.....or should I never buy a boot that I havent tried on?

thanx
jonny

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
For what it's worth...
I never had Alpine Stars but my shoe size is 10 1/2 and my Gaerne SG1's are 11's (no half sizes) and I wear riding socks over regular ankle socks for a great fit.
Stan

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and ordered the SG-10's online. The salesman recommended I get a size 10 (as mentioned, no half sizes) and they fit great! I almost ordered the SG-1 but decieded to splurge on the SG-10 and I'm glad I did (on special at Motosport Outlet for $250 a few weeks ago). It is by far the most comfortable boot I've ever put on.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i tried the SG10s and found they fit a little big. Thus, i bought the size smaller. I am a 10.5/11 shoe size (US), and i bought the size 10. You want your boots on the smaller size for maximum support IMO.

04cr_rider

Nov 16, 2005
I have the SG-1s and love them. I do some trail riding in the woods, so the leather on the toes ripped up a little (versus plastic), but I called Gaerne and they said a little shoe polish would fix it fine (and it did). I went SG-1 b/c of price, but Motosport Outlet and Bob's Cycle have good deals. They are easy to keep looking new . . . I have the red ones.

Top Bottom