Gas Additives to Prevent Gas from Varnishing

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
hey- I've done a search, and although I'm sure this is an easy one for ya'all it ain't so for me as I'm brand spanking new to this.

My kid and I are gonna be riding indoors this winter, but only about one weekend a month, total ride time 4 hours. We won't be starting or riding our bikes in between. I've heard I can add something to my gas to keep it from clogging the jets sitting around and getting old. I can't the doc find where I read this before, but was told I could get it at napa or someplace that mightbe open on Sundays.

We don't have access to bike shops mon-fri because of my work schedule, so you are pretty much my last bike knowledgeable resort here.

Help someone, please?

Thanks in advance.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Stabil is the most popular brand and is carried by Wal-Mart. Parts Unlimited has a version of their own that is sold at bike shops. I've used both with good success. Mixing instructions are on the bottle for regular use and storage use. I use it year round. It's not very expensive.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
I was afraid someone was going to tell me to drain my gas, blah blah between rides. And knowing I can find it at a store that caters to my work schedule is a double god-send.

Thanks so very very much!!!

Top Bottom