justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I just pulled the plug on my Gas Gas to drain the oil. After I pulled the plug and let what little oil that came out drain out. Very little oil came out. I then checked the sight glass and it has oil in it still. I can tilt the bike over and get the oil to drop in the sight glass. But then when I stand the bike back up the oil goes back up?? The plug on the bottom is still pulled. I had warmed the bike up before starting all of this.
I am thouroughly confused right now. I plan on pouring oil in it tommorrow and see what happens. I have to buy a smaller funnel to get the oil in.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Remove the filler plug? A vacuum situation perhaps?

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
Wrong plug??

This may sound dumb but did you take out the right plug?
There are two plug screws under your motor.
THe one cloder to the front of your engine is not a drain plug. It is used at the GG factory for stabilization of the motor while it sets in a jig being assembled..

If you are already taking the rear plug out and are not getting anything out, You may have somthing blocking the drain area:eek: I hope that's not the case...
If you have any more trouble call GGNA @ 1-877-442-8727 and ask for Bob Babcock....

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
You pulled the wrong plug!! If you looked in the manual, ITS WRONG!! The front most plug (cap screw) is a crankcase drain, used in emergency in case the bike is severely flooded or drowened out. What came out was residual oil from the crankcase. The trans drain is the rearmost plug, a flush mount aluminum fastener with an O-ring seal. It just needs to be snug when reinstalled, not to tight. Clean and reinstall the crank drain before anything else.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
You guys read my mind when I read his thread!

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I learned not to trust my manual. Thanks for the input I had read and reread the manual, I even put a quart of oil in thinking it was out. Boy do I feel dumb:( Thanks again.

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
Hope all is now fixxed so You can show off htat new bike at Train Robbers this weekend:p
I'll be working at a check most of Sundaylistening to all the riders RAVE about how much fun they are having.........

C-yall there....

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Josh,
I talked to your dad about bringing me some oil to the race. I was suppose to get it on Saturday. I won't get there till late Saturday, will it work for me to get it Sunday afternoon, after the race?:think
The oil thing is a relief, I was kinda worried why there was such a small amount of oil and it looked so bad. I guess it looked ok for gas. Haha

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
The bikes take an even quart of gear oil to be full. Another thing not to trust in the manual is the fastener torque table, some of the values are very high for there application. Good Luck.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
That's while they call it a GAS GAS - not a GAS OIL. So special and advanced it doesn't need any of that slimey stuff. The goo in the sight glass is just there for appearances.;)

Top Bottom