Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I've noticed this alot with other bikes and also mine and past bike I have owned that after riding there is a gas/dust buildup right in the air screw area but not a leak where it is dripping all over just a small dust/gas puddle. Is this normal?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
That is only a normal situation on quads.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Yes, Durt. But this inquiry is about the carb on your quad, yes?

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
A carb in general Jaybird, it has done this on my dirtbikes and still does it on the LT but I wasn't asking a question about a quad, ok?

Stew312

Jul 8, 2002
when you first kick start your bike, there is a small amount of compression coming back through the reed valve (it doesn't close all the way, which is normal) which pushes gas back towards the airbox. This gas sometimes builds up and leaks out the seal (airbox connector to carb), leaking onto the outside of the carb which is usually directly where the air screw sits. It is nothing to worry about.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Stew312,
Is spot on here. On my antique the flange is a little stiff from age and I expect to see some "cake" on my carb. This winter the "Zinger" gets all new plastic and lines. Another thing, I have noticed sometimes when I go down(Far and few between thank God) that if I got off gripping the throttle that the oferflow will dump a generious ammount down the side of the carb(I did mention the bit about new lines right?.....Darn Alzheimers!)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom