• Yes

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 46.7%

• Total voters

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Come on, this is an expensive hobby. The fuel cost is nothing compared to maintaining my bike.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
fuel cost is something when the riding area is hours away. My truck gets ~15mpg when not towing anything.

I know that I've cut waaay back on my trips. I can only afford so many $120.00 fill-ups per month.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Saying in the poll it does affect us- yesterday we drove (after checking the track hotline as we pulled out the driveway and an hour later) 120miles one way to find out they cancelled the race. Not that I blame them as 30 minutes after our second call they got slammed with a T-storm that flooded them out but I sure could have used that $70 in diesel for something else.
Our main change is if we are going to a track where we know we are heading home that night we take the 2 rail trailer instead of the toyhauler. 17 MPG vs 10MPG makes a big differance

bansheeater1

Oct 8, 2007
It has affected me a little bit, but not a whole lot. It takes about 45 minutes to get where I need to go for riding. I live in southern california and gas prices today are 4.59 for regular gas. Plus I need to fill up my gas tank with the premium which is 4.89 for my dirt bike. And I only have a part time job with a truck payment, gas, insurance, and phone bill. Luckily I just paid off my brand new 2008 yz450f last month. Thats another $150 I dont have to worry about paying.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'll have to agree that it's not the gas for the bike that keeps me home. It's putting fuel in the rig.

Heck, I ride the dirt bike to work. And it's legal!

mostly . . . ;)

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Gas does not effect us from riding because i only ride acros the street once in a wile and the track i go to usually one time a week is about 10 minutes away so it doesnt really affect us...

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Now that I have a chance to think about the question, I guess I'd say yes. It's not that I don't ride becuase gas is so high, it's where I ride that has changed. :ride: So I guess it does affect my riding. Can I change my vote? :laugh:

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
The furthest trip I usually ever go is about 2 hours away, so it hasn't really affected me all that much.

Either way I would still be riding. I like to think that a portion of the money spent riding would be money spent on therapy if I wasn't riding. Riding keeps me happy/sane!

Plus we only get about half a year to ride so we have to make the best of it!

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
It's not the bike gas, it;s the lack of time. I find I'm working more and more as fuel, food, labor, and taxes all go up.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Oh yea. And if it hasn't hit you yet, it will. These fuel prices have made a big impact on my business (home improvement.) As more and more Americans tighten their belts, the less and less they help the economy...... same here. I don't like to be a "negative outlook person" but be careful.... if natural gas goes up 100% this fall as predicted, we'll REALLY feel the crunch. Watch your pennies.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I guess I agree with the _joe_. I'm just riding closer to home now and taking less riding trips. I'm still trying to ride at least once a week, but just closer than before...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
mx547 said:
i rarely ride anymore because i just can't afford it.
It's a ripple effect...

The cost of gas rises...

It costs more for the office staff to get to the office...

The staff demands more money...

The doctors have to pay the staff more money...

The doctors raise their rates...

Jay can't ride as much.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Jay can't ride as much...
He spends less money at his local MC dealer...
MC dealers cuts hours of workers back, and/or raises MC prices...
Owners of MC dealer and their employees can't have homes worked on...
John can't ride as much...

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
The practice track I use is only about 15 mins from home, and I car pool to all the races, so it really hasn't effected my riding that much. The over-all cost of fuel has cut into a lot of my discretionary $$. I've had to make cut-backs in other areas, but riding is too important to maintaining my sanity. Granted, I haven't been spending nearly as much $$ on gear and mods as I usually do in a normal riding season.

May 10, 2007
a good deal of my riding is just going into the woods behind my house and riding so no for that.

but it has affected me as we havent gone up to my buddy's place in the poconos as often.

Scooterb

Dec 9, 2007
Gas doesnt affect how much I ride as much as where I ride....and we are sharing rides to the woods and tracks more also.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
So far it hasnt affected my riding yet this year. I drive about 45 miles each way to my riding area, so @ $4 a gallon, its about $25 in gas, round trip for a day of riding. So I am still riding 1 day a week, the same as last year. But I can see it starting to hurt my riding soon since I don't have as much work with everybody pinching pennies, and if things don't pick up soon money will start to get tight.

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
nope :) i take a right out of my garage and ride into the woods about 150 yards away :cool: :nener:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom