• Yes

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 46.7%

• Total voters

digifox

May 25, 2006
Will some and wont others...

like me, where i ride i can push my bikes(5min walk 1min ride)
And when you get a couple hours on 1 gallon its not top bad(even though i like to run Cam2 at $5-7 a gallon)

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Yeah I've had to turn the YZ465 back to pump gas.Haven't ridden it yet but I'm sure it won't like it.It will get some seat time today and I'll sort the jetting.If I just wanna play I go out back.If more room is needed we go to Bob's about 10 minutes down the road.If I didn't ride street it'd be far worse 'cause the Jeep get crap mileage.There aren't any tracks other than Budds left in Maryland so if I want to race it's gonna cost.Won't get many points this year.

digifox

May 25, 2006
TRexRacing said:
Yeah I've had to turn the YZ465 back to pump gas.Haven't ridden it yet but I'm sure it won't like it.It will get some seat time today and I'll sort the jetting.If I just wanna play I go out back.If more room is needed we go to Bob's about 10 minutes down the road.If I didn't ride street it'd be far worse 'cause the Jeep get crap mileage.There aren't any tracks other than Budds left in Maryland so if I want to race it's gonna cost.Won't get many points this year.

MAn i`d hate to see the fuel bill for that YZ
I`m already scared of my 175(28.9MPH with a 2.? gal tank)
and everyone knows a jeep gets bad mileage...

Maybe we could switch over to Alcohol(M/Ethanol)
Or work on some other fuel that`s cheaper
and pollutes less

rift_zone

Jul 6, 2008
I'm lucky living where I do. The bike spends 10 minutes on the trailer then I can spend all day riding and not hit the same track twice. If I wasn't riding I'd be drinking and petrol is cheaper than rum.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
what is happening is we are seeing the difference between

"racers" & riders" and dedication racing has been hurt here more because of weather then gas so far.

then the other group which I label "recreational riders" those folks are the ones that are not riding as much.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
wardy said:
what is happening is we are seeing the difference between

"racers" & riders" and dedication racing has been hurt here more because of weather then gas so far.

then the other group which I label "recreational riders" those folks are the ones that are not riding as much.

Or they could be running out of money to go to the races. Not everyone is sponsored and because of the economy being down, not just gas prices being up, it makes almost impossible at times to afford driving across multiple state lines to stay competitive in the points race of a series...

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Whe n I started we were poor kids pulling bikes with V-dubs. As I got older we got gas guzzling trucks and now all our friends have 5th wheels and diesel gussling trucks, or motorhomes pulling trailers and another car. Sure gas is up, as is everything else. Downsize, go back to what moto was. Drive a little car and pull a little trailer. Sleep in a tent (or in the car). Just go for the day. Lots of options unless you were born into the comfort zone of today, or figure that you endured too much back then to be able to handle life without the powerwasher. Just an idea that's time has come around again.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom