smalls

May 7, 2005
I use Belray Gear Saver Transmission Oil SAE 80W...it is all I have used for the past 2 years and have not had a problem. But there are a lot of oils out there just pick a good one you can get locally and stick with it.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Lots of posts on this forum on this topic--Search the archives. Many different opinions on oil to run and level of oil used. Because your clutch runs in the oil bath, you do not want to use friction modified engine oils. They tend to make your clutch misbehave. I don't know about you, but I do not like to push my motorcycle! Cheers John

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
When I bought my 200H (used) I put 20W-50 synthetic in it. After a while I started to get just a tiny bit of clutch slippage. I then went to ATF and that solved the clutch slipping.....however, It started to get notchy in the shifting and started to not want to up shift out of 3rd gear. I went back to synthetic oil and have not had any problems since. I theorize that the clutch plates had some glaze built up on them that the detergents in the ATF cleaned off, but the ATF isn't as good of a lubricant as the oil and hence the shifting problems that surfaced. Just a theory.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom