George Carlin's "New Rules for 2008"

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
George Carlin's "New Rules for 2008"

New Rule: Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com. There's a reason you don't talk to classmates for 25 or 30 years - you don't particularly like them. Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days. He's mowing my lawn.

New Rule: Don't eat anything that's served to you out of a window unless you are a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it costs less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain, Caviar?

New Rule: Stop saying that teenage boys who have sex with their hot, blond teachers are permanently damaged. I have a better description for these kids: lucky little *******s.

New Rule: If you need to shave and still collect baseball cards you are a dope. If you are a kid, the cards are a keepsake of your idols. If you are a grown man they are pictures of men.

New Rule: Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: do you have two of them? Okay, we're done.

New Rule: There is no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of that crap at the supermarket, but without the watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

New Rule: Stop screwing with old people. Target is introducing a redesigned pill bottle that's square, with a bigger label. And the top is now the bottom. By the time grandpa figures out how to open it his *** will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis.

New Rule: I am not the cashier! By the time I look up from figuring out which way to slide my card, entering my verifying PIN number, finding and pressing enter, pressing the amount, deciding, no, I don't want cash back and pressing enter again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my candy bar.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your *** and it translates to "chicken with broccoli". The last time you did anything spiritual you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're just high. You're not spiritual.

New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport, its one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching celebrities playing poker was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh no wait. They're already doing that. It called the "Howard Stern Show."
New Rule: I don't need a bigger mega M & M. If I'm extra hungry I'll go nuts and eat two M & M's.

New Rule: If you are going to insist on making movies based on crappy, old television shows, then you'll have to give everyone in the Cineplex a remote so we can see what's playing on the other screens. Let's remember the reason something was a television show is that the idea wasn't good enough to be a movie in the first place.

New Rule: No more gift registries. You know it used to be just for weddings. Now it's for new homes and babies and graduations and getting out of rehab. Picking out stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn't gift giving, it's white people's version of looting.

New Rule: (and this one is long overdue) No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell if he's supposed to be there or just some freak with a fetish. I just want to wash my hands. I don't want to be on your web cam dude.

New Rule: When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to know he is "27 Months". "He's two" will do just fine. He's not cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place.

New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and you want a job that pays more than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce and tattoo every available piece of flesh. If you do so, plan your future around saying "Do you want fries with that?"

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
New Rule: When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to know he is "27 Months". "He's two" will do just fine. He's not cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place.
man, this one has annoyed me forever! Even with my own kids I refused to tell their age in "months". :|

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Agreed Pred - that is one of the most annoying things. Imagine if we all did that - some of us would need calculators just to figure out how old we are!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
biglou said:
Hell, Roo gives Squeaky's age in months, doesn't he?! :rotfl: :p

I'm not sure if we are picking on Roo or Squeaks, but it's always the same result. Funny.

Carlin saved the best for last:

New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and you want a job that pays more than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce and tattoo every available piece of flesh. If you do so, plan your future around saying "Do you want fries with that?"

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
CaptainObvious said:
I'm not sure if we are picking on Roo or Squeaks, but it's always the same result. Funny.

Yeah yeah yeah laugh it up - I'm still a spring chicken compared to all you old farts. :nener: (Including Roo...)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
lol :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
squeaky said:
Yeah yeah yeah laugh it up - I'm still a spring chicken compared to all you old farts. :nener: (Including Roo...)

We'll see whose laughing when you are changing his Depends.

That could be any day now. :nener:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rich Rohrich said:
We'll see whose laughing when you are changing his Depends.

That could be any day now. :nener:

Ewwwwwwwwwww :(

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It'll be real funny if you ever have children. The other kids will want to know why your kid brought grandpa to son/daughter & father events.

And you'll STILL have to change his diaper.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
You two stop picking on Squeeks.

PRED !!! GO TO YOUR ROOM !!!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Hey, Squeaks started it.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
They make 2 seat stollers, yet not sure of the have them with an adult side and infant side ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help it, the pile on was in full swing :)

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
XRpredator said:
not if.

when.

Does Pred have information? Is he a knower?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
CaptainObvious said:
Does Pred have information? Is he a knower?

Nope...I just think that as much as people love their children deep down they envy those of us that don't have them.

Top Bottom