T-MAC

Feb 9, 2008
Hey, I just got my first dirt bike and I see a lot of pictures with a bike on an upside down pail. I was just wondering where you guys position yourselves to lift your bike onto the stand or the easiest way to get it up there.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Hip against number plate, right hand on the bottom of the plate right above the silencer, left hand on grip, tip bike toward me, rotate up onto stand.

Really not that hard, if you use leverage in your favor.

MSB22

Feb 19, 2008
if lifting your bike is to much for you they do make the stands that set low and u position the bike above it and step on the foot pump to raise it..but they are quite expensive :D

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
For those not firtunate enough to have a kickstand a tie-down works quite well also. hook it to something solid, lean the bike away from the solid ovject and hook the crossbar or frap it around the upper fork tube.

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
i.

i grab the handlebar side closest to me, then grab the bit of frame that goes under my fender, the bucket is right next to the bike, and i lift, and swing the bike onto it. Sometimes it can be tricky if your bike is to heavy for you, or if it starts to roll on hte fron wheel lol. but it works.

Smokeslider

Apr 12, 2008
I usually grab a handful of front brake while lifting the back of the bike up and onto the stand. This uses the front tire as a pivot point and you won't have to lift the whole weight of the bike

Top Bottom