DrewManes1

Sep 8, 2019
I have a 2012 kx450f it's getting hard to start I was told not to give it any gas when I kick it over and it used to start up pretty easy now I can kick it forever and it won't start until I give it a little bit of gas at the end of a Kick

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I have a 2012 kx450f it's getting hard to start I was told not to give it any gas when I kick it over and it used to start up pretty easy now I can kick it forever and it won't start until I give it a little bit of gas at the end of a Kick
I'm having the same issues with my well tuned CR's, I honestly think its the ethynol gas out there, I would drain all of that gas, and go purchase some VP racing fuel, empty the tank the carb and put some fresh vp. Im going to purchase a drum soon for myself...

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Yeup, that's the trouble with these 4 strokes, once you fail to do your routine maintience, the thing wont start or run. Gotta love 2 strokes! Find some vp-gas and see if that helps...

TJW78

Jan 3, 2020
Check the compression. If its low check the valve clearance, if the valve clearance is good then I would try adding a couple ounces of Engine Restore to the oil and it will usually bring it back close to spec.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom