CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
Sorry guys but I have another question. As I have posted before I am looking to buy a 05 KX100 and KLX110 from whatever dealer in the area gives me the best deal. I have called all and visited a few of the dealers in my area about both bikes and I have had no luck even with a cash purchase on getting a good price. They have qouted me MSRP on both bikes and out the door price on the KX100 at $3,854 and $2,278. I know demand plays a part on whether or not they take less but I thought I would get a better deal on 05's and buying two bikes at the same time with cash would even help. They all just tell me there is not much profit on the smaller bikes. Looks like I will be buying used.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
They are correct about the profit, but they should still be discounting leftover 05's. I would stick with used if the Dealers aren't realistic. Motorcycle dealers are some of the most out of touch retailers I have run across. I'm in Louisiana working the hurricanes currently so I go into a local Kawi dealer that has brand new 04 KX250's on his floor, he has more than one still. I asked how much and he tells me he will sell it for $5,400 OTD. ON A 04 MODEL!!!! How generous of him, he must be emotionally attached to these bikes because he is going to have them for a while.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The facts is there is not a lot of margin in smaller bikes so the dealer won't have much wiggle room on current models. Looking at left over models can sometimes get a better price because the dealer wants to move them and sometimes there might be an incentive paid to them to move those older models. If you are thinking it's similar to buying a car with wider margins and rebates and such your totally wrong.

CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
Believe it or not one of the dealers I went to that had a 05 KX100 called me today and said they just marked it down to $2800. They only have the KLX 110 in the 06 model so I told him if you get me out the door around $4950 for both bikes you got a cash deal. Wasnt sure if he could do it and had to talk it over with the finance dept. Im sure he will call back.

Another dealer I talked to said he would get me both 06 bikes out the door for $5462. All they charge is MSRP plus tax, title. No hidden costs or dealer fees. Might do this deal too.

CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
karterron said:
For $500 more for 2 bikes, effectively $250 more I would go with the new model year.

Thats what I was thinking too. Is there much difference between the two models years or is it just graphics and a new seat cover?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup the '06's are available so the '05's will be getting some special funds from the manufacturer to help move them. If a dealer wants to get the bike gone they will pass some or all of that on to the customer. Considering dirt bikes depriciate like rocks sink I'd hold out for a better deal on an older model if they were not that much different.

Top Bottom