XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
why I should use a YZ80 master cylinder with the remote reservoir rather than switching it out to a later model YZ250 master cylinder with the internal reservoir.

I will have better fitment of the internal reservoir master cylinder on my TTR/YZ hybrid project, or as I call it, the TYTRZ, or Titters.

so, like I said, gimme a reason why not, or I'm gonna pull the trigger on the YZ250 unit.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Won't hear any arguments from me.. I'd love to swap out the master cylinder on my CR for one of those types.. I hate having to remove the reservoir from the mount, then pulling it out the side to fill.. It's a pain in the butt...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Matching the master cylinder piston size to the caliper piston size is an important consideration when building a braking system.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
hmmm . . .

so what I hear you saying is it might not be a good idea?

and how should the size match? The master cylinder piston is obviously smaller in diameter in comparison to the caliper piston, so is there a ratio I should be concerned with? Or would a larger diameter than stock master cylinder piston need less, er, brake pedal "throw" to operate the stock caliper?

This could be gettin' more complicated than I want, but it is a swingin' deal.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Farmer John said:
Wow!

Juice brakes in Idaho.
I figured you would have used a stick.. :nener:

Sticks are a little too high-tech for Pred. Rumore has it he prefers the Fred Flintstone method.

Top Bottom