Giving Serious Thought to Parting Out

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I realized that KDX's just dont sell at a high price.

I have been giving serious thought to parting my bike out as I am sure the parts are worth more than a good bike - hard to believe.

It would be hard to tear this little bike apart - hope the bike has no spirit.

Pricing the parts out wont be too tough as most items are around $100. What would a full engine/tranny with low hours bring - maybe $600ish?

Might be kind of fun.

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
Hey mo, I was gonna post that same thought on the Just KDX forum. If you've ever checked out Thumper Talk most of the bikes have the extras taken off and sold sep. so some of the money can be recouped. I'm surprised more KDX guys don't do it, because like you said even a fully equipped used KDX brings about the same dollars as a mostly stock used one. :think: That being said if there's any parts you decide to get rid of let me know! ;)

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I tried to ask this in the KDX thread - but The Man yanked it out and stuck it here.

They are a bit on the ridiculous side from time to time as this is just a question I was specifically trying to ask the KDX crew. I, like many folks, only have time to read 1 thread - so 90%+ of the KDX guys will never see it.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I put this back in the KDX forum. Hope this corrects the situation for you.

Mully

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I also looked at parting my KDX out after I used the engine in the hybrid I built. I decided it wasn't worth the hassles of listing it all on that auction site and sold the whole works to Fredette for what we both thought was a fair price. He can part it out since he receives a lot more calls looking for parts than I do (or want to). He was familiar with most of the parts since he had supplied or modified them anyway. That was 2 months ago and I think he's close to getting all the money back that he paid me. There just always seems to be something I need:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…