dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
It was a great day at the races yesterday, watching history. RC looked so dominant, maybe he can do the perfect season again sometime.

It's going to be tougher with Bubba around, though. Bubba looked smooth as silk on the four stroke, and his bike was a rocket. He is about 5 seconds a lap faster than the rest of the 125 class (well, maybe only 4 seconds faster than Hepler), and even when ge goes into cruise mode, Bubba is the fastest guy on the track. There was one rough section on the back side that Bubba was gaining about 1 second a lap over 500' of track every lap. Everyone else is trying to hang on, and Bubba just pins it and grabs another gear.

Congrats to Ty Davis for making the main and getting a point in the 250 final.

Kyle Lewis was riding great.

Hamblin had an excellent ride in Moto 1 - too bad he could not fight through to the front during moto 2.

Gossellar also was very fast.

Props to Juss Laansoo of Estonia - top 10 in the 250 class and fastest guy there I'd never heard of before.

Not sure what happened to Hepler in Moto 2, but he was awesome in moto 1.

Millsaps and DV both faded big time at the end of their first motos (it was pretty hot then, but cooled down a little as the breezes picked up later).

I was near where KW stopped in Moto 1. It was right after a big jump and his bike was dead as he entered the following corner. He kicked at it twice then pushed if off the track. My guess is he over-revved in the air. He was way behind at the time, and it would have been tough for him to crack the top 10.

So Cal fans crack me up! I think 5% of them are on their cell phones at any given time, giving horrible directions to their buddies on how to hook up. "We are right next to the Hawaiin Ice stand - you can't miss us" or "Go through the tunnel and we are the first EZ Up on the right" (there were about 20 Hawaiin ice stands and 10 tunnels at Glen Helen).

Last edited:

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
evenslower said:
Anybody else see the irony in RC running the number 1? The webcasters said something about him doing it as a tribute to Honda.
Not as a tribute to Honda, but as a tribute to his team who helped him win since he has been with Honda. :cool:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Just read RC's letter about the number 1. Cool deal. Class act. Hopefully a couple of Alessi-s are taking notes.

I wonder if the guy at Honda who ultimately decided not to give Ricky the deal he wanted gets kicked in the nutz everyday.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Congratulations to RC. Very impressive.

I think the 2005 SX season will be the tightest/closet racing for the top 3 we will have seen in years. I can't wait.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
TheGrinch said:
Congratulations to RC. Very impressive.

I think the 2005 SX season will be the tightest/closet racing for the top 3 we will have seen in years. I can't wait.

Ditto! First time I can recall looking forward to SX!

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Man......I think Im gonna end up with grey hair all over the place by the end of next years SX season.....it should be tough!!!! Then of course its on to the real thing....motocross.....Im looking so forward to it .....I have to stop wishing my life away like this.

and congratulations to RC...... 5 times National 250 champ....5 Times in a row....with two perfect seasons included........who's done that before???? No one......legend!!!!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
evenslower said:
I wonder if the guy at Honda who ultimately decided not to give Ricky the deal he wanted gets kicked in the nutz everyday.

The CEO of Honda should personaly kick that dude in the nutz every day.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Okiewan said:
Ditto! First time I can recall looking forward to SX!

No doubt, we're actually trying to work out going to two for sure possibly three next season. Could be epic :aj: .

Top Bottom