kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
KW was running in 4th behind Larocco, setting up a pass and then ran into his rear tire in a tight inside right and he went down. I only got to see it once on the tube. Don't know if he went in too hot, Larocco parked it, or a combination of the 2. It was real early, so he lost a lot of ground, but it didn't seem like he put on much of a charge, finishing 9th.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I think Reed hates his set-up. Before the series started, he was SO adamant about how the new frame felt exactly the same as the old. He was pouring it on ...almost as if he was trying to convince everyone his bike was dialed in. The last few weeks he's had to make changes. Saturday night he said something like, "we'll just keep sharpening our tools". He's got a confidence problem and I think his set-up problems are just making it worse.

Even if does get his confidence back and starts to like his bike again.....RC's on a roll and will be hard to beat. :p

AngryCandy

Mar 2, 2001
kelseybrent said:
KW was running in 4th behind Larocco, setting up a pass and then ran into his rear tire in a tight inside right and he went down. I only got to see it once on the tube. Don't know if he went in too hot, Larocco parked it, or a combination of the 2. It was real early, so he lost a lot of ground, but it didn't seem like he put on much of a charge, finishing 9th.

A real bone-headed move, if you ask me. KW looked like he could have passed the Rock anywhere on the track, then he tries to force his way in a tight turn with about 3 inches of clearance. :|

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
'twould seem to me that the last dude a guy would want to try and go inside on would be LaRocco. Someone's gonna go down and it ain't gonna be the Rock.

Unless it's Pastrana . . . then both of 'em are on the ground!

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
Great racing...go RC! :) Chad doesn't look to have the same spark he did at Las Vegas. I miss Bubba though. :(

Larocco has been involved in some sort of major altercation at every event so far this year! What up Rock? :D

I like Cameron Steele as a commentator FWIW. If anyone likes Todd Harris though, I have some roost for you! ;) He is terrible!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Tiger said:
Great racing...go RC! :) Chad doesn't look to have the same spark he did at Las Vegas. I miss Bubba though. :(

Larocco has been involved in some sort of major altercation at every event so far this year! What up Rock? :D

I like Cameron Steele as a commentator FWIW. If anyone likes Todd Harris though, I have some roost for you! ;) He is terrible!

LaRocco didn't do anything, Windham ran into the back of LaRocco's bike (the tire to be exact) and fell over like a 125 novice, ok...so it did have light shades of a Jimmy Weinert brake check, but it wasn't any full-on check. It looked more like Windham just pooched it. I couldn't figure out where he thought he was gonna go.

As far as the coverage, the camera crew deserves the wet noodle treatment for panning over to Reed crossing the finish line, while we miss the battle resolution/Fonseca falling down, but the announcer is sure hollering on about it, even though the camera missed it entirely...doofuses.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Tedesco was the MAN in the 125's. He went down on the first lap with Ramsey and I think he got up in the 2nd to last position. I didn't pay much attention to him until I noticed he was in 10th, then 8th. He just kept charging like crazy. FarmerJohn is right, another few laps and he could have taken the win, although Laninovich had A LOT of wide open track in front of him to work with.

I'm getting tired of hearing Reed complain about his bike too. The same thing bothered me with McGrath a few years ago. Everything was smooth for years and years, but then he started losing to RC and all of a sudden there were problems with the bike. It's as if Reed hasn't been testing on that bike for months and he's just now discovering all these problems. I understand that a rider might want to tweak his set-up on a week-to-week basis, but I just can't see blaming the bike for the loss. The bike was good enough to get him a strong holeshot and give him the lead for a few laps. Did the bike change over the course of a few laps? Or did he just get beat? He knows he just got beat, straight up.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Vic said:
RC will not be denied!!!

Riding a superior bike doesn't hurt. :)

Its not a superior bike unless RC goes 12 for zero in the nationals! :nener: ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Sawblade said:
Its not a superior bike unless RC goes 12 for zero in the nationals! :nener: ;)

Does he have to win, or just finish? :ohmy:

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Or the track is to easy :) Roger D's answer to that was "if the track was so easy, then why did'nt they go faster?" :moon:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Vic said:
Does he have to win, or just finish? :ohmy:

I think he will continue to win a majority of the races. At RC's leave its not what brand of bike you are on. Its set up, training, desire and coming out with both barrels blazing. All which RC has done. My first few bikes were Suzuki's so I guess I've always had a soft spot for the yellow badge. Besides, yellow dirt bikes look cool, that's why I'm pulling for RC. :nener:

Marcus,
You got that right. Just once I would like to here something like. "My bike was great tonight, to bad I sucked swamp water." ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sawblade said:
. . . Just once I would like to here something like. "My bike was great tonight, to bad I sucked swamp water." ;)
You'll have to wait for Travis Preston to get back from injury to hear that kind of honesty.

Top Bottom