Global Climate Change is NOT the problem

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
static electricity is.

I swear, I'm either becoming more conductive (conducive?) or maybe my ohms are increasing, whatever, I'm not an electramagician, but every time I get out of my rig I get a shock, and it seems like it's a larger shock every time. I don't ever remember this happening in my past.

Maybe it's the proliferation of electronics in new vehicles? I don't know. Sure, there are a lot more electronics in my 2004 Silverado than there were in my 1960 C-10, but is that the difference? It doesn't matter what rig I get in and out of these days, it shocks the piss out of me.

There must be some way we can harness this static electricity to save the world, right? You might have more luck than these guys do with their cats:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mHXBL6bzAR4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mHXBL6bzAR4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
that video was the biggest waste of my time ever!!! and i didnt even get all the way through it. i got to 4 min. and stopped

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
well, the video wasn't the point, just a distraction

and you're only 16, so you haven't quite developed a sophisticated enough sense of humor.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
The size of the shock produced is directly related to the mass of the object that it is originated from. ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
JD_MXRacer said:
that video was the biggest waste of my time ever!!!

... a lot like your posts out here. ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Har!

I get the shock too Pred. I think it's from hanging out in that shack out back.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Well Pred, I think your problem is related to your excessive amount of body hair. As shown in recent photos post right here on DRN it is apparent that is the cause. You know, like when you rub a balloon on your head it sticks to the ceiling. Just by moving you create an astounding amount of energy. :laugh: :nener:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Rich Rohrich said:
... a lot like your posts out here. ;)

ha...ha...ha u are so funny. o i have a good sense of humor i laughed a little but not enough to watch the whole thing.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
JD_MXRacer said:
ha...ha...ha u are so funny. o i have a good sense of humor i laughed a little but not enough to watch the whole thing.

Information that may come in handy one day :
- u is a LETTER not a WORD
- o is a LETTER not a WORD

Hopefully we'll all get to enjoy the video of you working a job that requires you to wear a paper hat, when you are 40.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Mrs. Wizard Supports Global Warming Science

After the electrodes came off....

Attachments

• catexperiment1_0779.jpg
    catexperiment1_0779.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 100
  • catexperiment2_0776.jpg
    catexperiment2_0776.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 97
  • catexperiment3_0780.jpg
    catexperiment3_0780.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 97
Apr 30, 2007
Ah, weinerdog doing what a weinerdog does best...

That picture just proves that the dachshund in fact was not bred for killing badgers.

They are the ultimate catbutt sniffers!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
justalonewolf007 said:
They are the ultimate catbutt sniffers!

... or maybe he is just checking for proper grounding. :whoa:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Sasquatch hair and a new car/truck interior,that ought to be enough electricity to power all of Idaho and part of Washington and Montana. Shocking ain't it :yikes:

Steve

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I hate cats, what ever happened to Alf? Try a nair bath, end of static charge. Sure hope you do not work on computers. Also fueling that rig could prove interesting.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Damn. And all this time I thought it was just my pacemaker shorting out. :yikes: ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom