Garyb

Jul 20, 2000
OK - so oakley stopped making the goggles that I like..and now I don't know which ones to get.
The Smiths are to big, they seem to press down on my nose.
Any ideas ?
Gary

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
You'r best bet is to try on as many as possible (with helmet). Because what works for someone else, might not work for you (kinda like lines). Different head shapes and sizes, and different helmets, play a big role in goggles fit. And not to mention, price and avaliability;)

BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
Garyb,

Like you I found that Oakley quit making the goggles I liked and all others pinched my airsupply off in the nose area. I tried many on and the only ones I seem to like are the Scott no Sweat III. But as Wraith said everyone is different and you should try all of them out that you can to make your choice. Good luck.

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
Wraith summed it up perfect. Go to a local dealer (Hopefully you have one) with your helmet and try as many goggles on as you can. See what works best. Smith has some new smaller goggles that fit very similar to the older Oakley O frames than everybody misses.

Coach

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I bought a new pair of Oakley "O" frames a month ago. I know they are the new style, cuz they have tear-off posts built into the lens. MXA calls the Oakleys "an acquired taste", but I liked them from day one.

Warren Lange

Oct 28, 2000
Last year I bought the Oakley "O" frame goggles. This year I went to buy replacement lenses and low and behold they changed the lens design from 2 top alignment pins to 3. Now I have fairly new set of goggles that is hard to get replacement lens.

Scott on the other hand uses one lens for several models.

Go with Scott. All other off breeds are hard to find in stores when you're in a jam. Scott has been around forever.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom