Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Some of you have met Sarah "Hot Pants" at DW or elsewhere, others will in the years to come.... She has shown me that I have nothing to fear and that there are still some people here that can be trusted, which after October 01 I doubted seriously.

For the last several weeks every time we go into the grocery store we stop at the gum ball machines.... I give Sarah a quarter and ask her if she feels lucky and she tries to get a ring out of the toy jewelry machine. Funny thing is that the machine has never given her ANY prize what-so-ever, it just steals her quarter.... That leads us to last Friday 11/15/02. Taraker and I get together, I give him the ring (that I got while out in CA at the Vet Nats thanks to Mr. and Mrs Who) and my video cam... tell him the plan...

The Plan:
Matt goes to the store, gets set up and calls me when he is ready then we will head up there.... When he sees us pull in he will put the ring (already in a plastic toy capsule) in the machine so it will look like it came out of the machine....

What happened:
Sarah and I are sitting here at home and I am thinking, damn Matt, gonna call....? then the phone rings... Matt says dude, abort the mission, a guy just collapsed in the entry and there are fire tucks and ambulances everywhere.... Then he said oh wait, they are loading the guy up now, the coast is clear.... I am just shaking my head thinking.. he is full of it. So we head up. We get there as the trucks are pulling out and Sarah says "they must have been shopping for the station" I think, yeah that or some guy just collapsed inside... Anyway we go inside and I giver her a quarter and she says no, I am not playing anymore, that machine is broken... I say come on, one more time.... so she puts the quarter in, I am already squatted and have taken a knee.... she turns the dial and goes to take out her prize and..... NOTHING :think: WTF? Did Matt forget, is it still in his pocket...? so she is pissed and begins to shake the machine and I am almost to panic when I check the gumball machine one spot to the left... there it is! He put it in the wrong machine (I think he was as nervous as me) anyway I hand her the capsule and say well will this one work? She takes it and looks quizzically at the chunk of platinum and diamond in this toy capsule and starts to tear up... I say what's the matter? She does not really know what is going on here so I ask her... And she said yes, proving that attorney's are not the brightest bunch.

Meanwhile Matt is videoing the whole thing.... he got there early and got a cart and headed straight for the floral department, loaded it up with tons of plants... looked like Cambodia, only a lens sticking out, Sarge would be proud.

So here it is... it is a big video, 12M and it is a Quicktime Movie if you want to see it. CLICK HERE TO SEE IT

If you tell someone you asked your fiance to marry you in the grocery store it may soun a little red neckish... thus the reason I have spelled it out... Okay I'm still a red neck but what the hell she said yes.

Billywho will be my best man... lets hope he does not break anything. :silly:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I don't have Quicktime, but the story is cool as heck!  Congratulations Thump!

You better be prepared...you KNOW Billy will break something.

:thumb: :yeehaw:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Congrats David! Best wishes to both of you for a long and happy life together. Guess next on the list will be the planning for little "Thumpers or Thumperettes" but you need not video that part. ;)
Whens the big day?

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
No freakin way, that video is GREAT!

David I TOLD you the first time I saw her pic and some other DW pics I knew you two looked truly happy!

Congrats bro, you deserve it!

Way to cool :thumb:

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I am so happy for you two! Did you pick a date yet? Better not be June 20th - you are alreay busy! :p

Congratulations again! This is a match made in heaven.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
:yeehaw: Congratulations David & Sarah :yeehaw:

I'm happy for you two, and apparently so is the banana dude :yeehaw:

So are you guys going to honeymoon at Glen Helen ? :thumb:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
David, you more than deserve the best of luck! :) Congrats to you both :yeehaw: And yes, this bananna guy seems to be quite happy for you, too ;)

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Thats a great story. Congratulations, Does this mean you will get hitched on your dirtbikes while jumping a 100' table top?
Lew

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
:thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Congrats to you both David and Sarah :cool: :yeehaw: :thumb:

B

biglou

:thumb: Congrats, you two!  I can see it now: A CR450 and YZ250F flanking the altar, white Tech 8's for the bride, SIDI's for the groom, the flower girls sprinkling red Cooperland dust down the aisle!

And this guy---> :yeehaw: and all his friends---> :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: Dancin' at the reception!

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
Congrats Thump. Great Story!

I'm coming up to my 10th anniversary (note to self: don't forget!). It's a great institution!

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Congrats you two! I knew it! Good for you.
Will be in your neck of the woods again in Feb. We'll have to hook up for a re-match at Dave & Busters! Yeah, Thump, you can come too. :eek:
Good Luck to both of you.
When is Sarah dragging you up here, where we have real snow?
I know OG and I would make ourselves available with a vid-cam to tape you fall on the ice or in the snow, maybe even ski a little?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Congrats David! :yeehaw:
ah heck I'll throw in another one ---> :yeehaw:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Congrats to you both! :yeehaw:   That was some serious planning and thought put into the proposal for a redneck :thumb:   I am approaching my 15th anniversary this summer and my wife tells me I've never been happier :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congratulations!  What a lucky gal!  Heck, I've met Sarah, what a lucky guy!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Congrats you two :thumb:  That was a good way to "pop the question".  A very memerable moment in you lives.  :yeehaw:

Top Bottom